Image Map

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

New York, New York

I don't know how I've lived for 23 years without ever going to NYC. I love it! There is so much to do, so many unique places to see, and most importantly, so much amazing food! I didn't take a lot of pictures here... I was too busy eating :)


The night we got there, I met my friend Wesley who had just moved there two weeks earlier. He had the whole night planned out and a list of places to go the next day. My hotel was in Times Square, so we started there. It's a lot smaller than it looks in the movies but it was still cool to be there.


My pizza experience in Milan hadn't been that impressive, so we decided to go out for pizza at a place called Keste that supposedly has some of the best pizza in the city. It was better than any pizza I'd had in Italy, except for a place in Naples that can't be beat. They also had a homemade burrata cheese appetizer that I still dream about. We ate so much that we swore we'd never eat again, then made our way to the next place for drinks.

When came to a Five Guys Burgers and Wesley said he wanted a milkshake. I was surprised since he had just said he was too full for anything, but I wanted to get out of the cold so I went along with it. We got up to the counter and he pulled out his ID to show to the big guy standing there. Since when do you need your ID to order a milkshake? I was so confused. Then he headed up some stairs behind the guy while I'm still looking around, lost as ever. It all came together when I saw the lights and heard the music from the bar upstairs. Wesley made fun of me for the rest of the night for how long it took me to figure it out.


After bar hopping around, trying lots of fancy drinks, almost freezing to death outside, and me falling asleep in the taxi, we called it a night.

The next morning, we started the day with breakfast at Pick a Bagel. One of my favorite foods besides pizza, gelato, and chocolate, are bagels. It was delicious. We walked around the city the rest of the day, through Central Park where we watched and waited for the ice-skaters to fall (we're usually good people, I promise), Washington Square Park, all the way to the Brooklyn Bridge, and back through Little Italy. We stopped at LadurĂ©e for their famous macaroons and at Cafe Habana for their renowned Mexican corn. We always eat so much when we're together! That's probably why we're friends, because we don't judge the other one for being a pig. 

A big thank you to Wesley for being my tour guide for the day! I can't wait to be back again!


 

They obviously named this place after my dog. 

1 comment: