Image Map

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Frankfurt & Glasgow

More catching up! I didn't do anything too exciting in Frankfurt or Glasgow, so I'm combining the two.

Frankfurt, Germany

Now I've been to Frankfurt twice. But the second time, I slept for 16 hours straight because I had just come back from a 16 hour flight from being home on leave the night before. So I'm not counting the second time.
 The first time, I went out with a group of girls from my crew. We climbed three hundred and something steps up the church tower at the Cathedral of St. Bartholomew. It was a narrow spiral staircase with tiny slits for windows. I never knew I was claustrophobic until midway up that climb when I started panicking because I couldn't see anything but the few stairs in front of me. I pulled myself together, made it to the top with a better butt and legs than I had at the bottom, caught my breath, and took in the great view of the city.
 
Unfortunately, we had to go back down the same way we came up. I was hoping to fall and roll down the entire tower so I wouldn't have to fly the next day, but the only thing that happened was getting dizzy from the constant turning. We walked around the city that felt like a giant mall because there were so many stores everywhere. We made it to the main square that actually looks like Germany with the old-style architecture, and I ate a German hotdog and German gelato (actually the same as Italian gelato) while I watched the girls trying to perfect their selfies. One reason I usually don't go out with other crew is because most of them care more about getting a good picture of themselves than actually enjoying the place, and it drives me crazy.
After they got their selfies (casually looking away from the camera like they don't know it's there), I went my own way and shopped around a bit before walking back to the hotel. I'm sure there are more things to do there than shopping, but I didn't look up anything before I went and decided to wing it. I don't mind going there, but I wouldn't ever ask to go.



Glasgow, Scotland

I requested this flight and was so excited to go and see the country I "thought" my family mostly came from (more on that later). All I ended up doing there was shopping, but I liked it more than Frankfurt because 1) I blended in with everyone. I'm not the palest person there or the only one with red hair. 2) I can't get enough of the Scottish accent, even though sometimes I can't understand a word, and 3) Scottish men are beautiful. Need I say more?
A lot of girls from my flight were from Glasgow, so they were going to see their families. The other crew had plans and I wanted to go out alone anyways, so I did. I walked from the hotel to Buchanan Street, a long road of shopping and restaurants. I didn't take my camera with me, so sorry for the not-so-good quality phone pictures. It was my favorite kind of weather: raining and just the right amount of cold. I shopped, ate lunch, had coffee... It wasn't anything exciting but it was a nice day.
Unlike Frankfurt, I would ask for this flight again so I can see more of the city or do a day trip somewhere close by. The people are nice, the city is a cool place to walk around, and I liked the gloomy weather. I'm on a roll with this catching up stuff! Next up, Moscow.

1 comment:

  1. As usual, you're posts are humorous and your pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete