Image Map

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Mauritius


Another favorite place! I'm starting to say that about a lot of places. I was lucky enough to go here twice in a row! Both times, I ate way too much at the buffet and will forever be craving the bread pudding they served at breakfast. Both times, I surprisingly didn't get sunburned at all. I call that a successful trip.



On my first trip there, we arrived late morning. We get to stay at a beautiful resort with its own private beach and bungalow rooms with private balconies or stairs down to the water. Most of the crew had been there before, but a few of us hadn't and decided to go on a speedboat tour around the island.



We stopped for some snorkeling and it took me forever to get in the water because it was really cold, and I'm secretly really scared of the ocean. I'm also a really bad swimmer so I swallowed a lot of water once I got in, but the water was so clear and pretty. After that, we went to a few more mini islands to walk around and take pictures.



The second time I was there, I just relaxed on the beach, read my book, and drank beachy cocktails. I've been really stressed this month with flying, so these trips were much needed breaks. A crew friend told me to think about Mauritius every time I'm about to lose my mind on a crazy flight, but it's easy for me to forget. So the next time I'm ready to explode on a flight, I'll try to think back to my two blissful days on Mauritius...

No comments:

Post a Comment